Wednesday 18 March 2009

OFA do USA 1




We've been in Texas for a couple of days now and so far we haven't played any gigs but we've been busy. This is our first time in Texas let alone South by Southwest, Sean and I have been to America before (although I've only been to Florida and I don't know if that counts) but Paul and Tom have never even been the US before. Sitting next to Tom on a 10 hour while the boy desperately needs a fag and the guy in front tries his hardest to lean as far back as possible certainly kept me entertained.

I'll write Monday off as entire day of traveling because once we'd actually got a chance to stop we were too tired to do anything else. Tom and I tried to go for a midnight swim but they'd just treated it that morning and neither of us were up for the albino look...

Tuesday morning was the worst breakfast we've ever had. Paul and I put $14 on the table for Tom to finish our eggs and sausage but even he couldn't get it down. After we went to go pick up the amps we're hiring and then ended up in the best practice room ever. All the black lights and neon paint made it feel like we were going to play a  game of Quasar! 

It was a four drive from Dallas to Austin, (stopping of course at a diner in the middle of fucking nowhere for massive burgers and pancakes, bacon and eggs!). Last night we went to a bar next to the hotel where we drank far too expensive cocktails and they let Paul smoke inside (his highlight of the trip so far ha ha). I'm writing this at the moment just before we actually go into Austin for the first time and play our first of two shows today! I'll get back on here tomorrow morning when I can write about us playing some music instead of just eating and drinking! ha ha

- Andy xo

No comments: