Thursday 11 September 2008

Day 2 in the studio


We've finished the drums now; we've spent a good amount of the day on them. It's really important to get the drums perfect as they're the foundation of the songs. We've also spent the time recording extra drum fills and using them as samples over the main drum parts. Sean's also brought his congas and percussion instruments in for more rhythm and it all sounds real fucking fat.


Paul's recording his bass parts now. We're using input from three different sources, a mic on the amp, a direct input from the bass and we've also wired his bass through a vintage mini-moog so we can fuck around with the sound. As I said the studio we're in belongs to the lead singer of OMD so today we've been getting out a load of synths, modern and vintage and having a play… I still haven't really done anything yet apart from eat loads but I'm not moaning cause once I start doing stuff tomorrow I won't be stopping till the mix is finished. xo

No comments: